Announcing a brand new Monthly Beatmapping Contest - with a twist! All restrictions are gone, bar an essential few. Do anything you like, however you like, with one exception - it must be playable at the end of it all! We call it: Aspire!
The only restrictions for this contest are:
- All notes must be properly snapped in time, and no multiple hitobjects may be placed on the same tick as each other.
- Notes placed must be within the playfield.
- You may submit ONE (1) and ONLY one beatmap difficulty to this contest. Its difficulty name must be “Aspire.”
- The beatmap may be as difficult as you like and incorporate as many complex elements as you feel appropriate, but it MUST be designed for a single player - no TAG difficulties of any kind, construed or otherwise.
- You must map the full duration of the song, start to finish. A drain time lower than 75% of the song’s total duration is not allowed.
Everything else is fair game! The standard Ranking Criteria does not apply to this contest!
We encourage everyone to push the limits as much as they can - feel free to manually edit the .osu file to tailor the beatmap to exactly how you want it to be. We’re interested in seeing how creative everyone can get, and entries will be scored as such accordingly.
Remember - you only get to submit ONE difficulty, so spend the time you’ve got making it something very, very special.
- Elite Mapper title
- 6 months of osu! supporter status for you or a friend
- A dedicated osu!news feature for your beatmap upon completion, with a member of the staff team reviewing it (potentially in video and with voice!) for the world to see.
While this map will NOT be bundled with the game, we feel that the opportunity to have a dedicated feature for your map and to demonstrate your mapping skills to the world is a prize in and of itself. Depending on how things turn out, we may award special prizes for absolutely exceptional entries.
My entry can be downloaded here: www.mediafire.com/download/47g…
—Norppis (aka TheRainbowubz)